Monday, August 9, 2010

It's Love and Hate

Loved by H and hated by me.
Mario.
I am so stinking tired of hearing about Mario and Luigi and Bowser and Yoshi. Hayden lives in Mario's world. At least he thinks he does.
He will talk about them like they are his best friends. He talks about it with other kids and most of them look at him like he's crazy. Other's join him in talking about his LaLa Land.
This is what I hear EVERY DAY!! Even if he doesn't play the darn things!
"Mom, Mario and Luigi are in the backyard and they do this thing that...
Mom, Luigi is in the forest and he's...
Mom, Yoshi and Bowser are fighting and they...
Mom, Mario grabbed the star and it exploded...
Mom, Mario is running through this sprinkler and...
Mom, Luigi and Bowser take their car and they..."
I can't complete the sentences anymore because I tune out by the time the name is mentioned. Seriously, I am hoping he gets in big trouble soon so the DS and Wii are not available for at least three days.
His Grandma and Grandpa bought him (I wasn't there) a Mario t-shirt. It's his favorite. This is a kid who never cared what he wore, ever. I didn't wash it this week so we could go awhile without seeing it. He's asked me the last two days if it's washed yet.

(the ds + the shirt!)

Sigh, this too, shall pass.... Right?

1 comment:

top knot extensions said...

That is so funny...I didnt know he was doing that too. My boys (Kyle especially) are COMPLETLY CONSUMED with mario too!!! It gets REALLY old!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...