Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Baby JennBud 2

Two years ago today at approximately 8:45 pm, I had just put away the laptop and was positioning myself to watch the rest of National Treasure with my mom and Hayden. Buddy had just started heading to bed when it happened. I felt something a little different. Sure enough, my water broke.

Buddy says to me "Seriously?" I say yea, I think so and headed to the bathroom. Yep, that's what happened.

My goal now: get to the hospital in time for the epidural.

I remember Hayden freaking out a little that Grandma would be putting him to bed and Daddy and Mommy were kinda just up and leaving him.

Buddy drove and called his parents as we were on the way. The hospital was 20 minutes away and things were getting down to business. By the time we got there, contractions were already 5 minutes apart and getting painful.

Into triage quickly, IV connected to get that one bag of fluid in me before the good stuff and we were off to delivery. By this time, it was about 10:30.

Our Baby JennBud 2 was soon to arrive!! We had a girls name all ready and set, but a boys name was stumping us. When the lovely and talented anesthesiologist sauntered in and did his thing, I asked my nurse what his name was, thinking, 'Hey, he does good work, maybe if it's a boy he could have that guys name.' The nurse replied that his name was Shamus. Fingers more tightly crossed it's a girl.

By 11:00 the epidural was kicked in and the doctor was on her way. I was feeling good and ready to meet our new little one.
Just over three hours after the start of this little venture at 12:02 am August 4, 2008, Maya Christine Blattner was born.




When Maya was ready to be weighed the doctor asked me what I would guess her weight would be. Thinking that she's a girl, she couldn't be more than Hayden was at 8 lbs. 4 oz., I guess 7 lbs., 9 oz. or so. WAAAAAYYY off, Miss Maya toppled her big bro at 8 lbs., 12 oz. and had a bigger head!

I can't believe it's been 2 years already. The laughter and happiness this little girl has given us is indescribable. I could make millions if I could just bottle the joy that oozes from her.




Happy Birthday Miss Maya!!!




1 comment:

Mark, Shannon,Trey, Boston, & Lola said...

I loved this post!!!! I can't believe its been 2 years!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...