Thursday, July 29, 2010

It's just too soon

2 years ago, I was hugely pregnant (ya, that's me!) and trying everything and I do mean everything to pop that little baby out in the month of July. I have a thing with August's birthstone, it's not that pretty, and really wanted that Ruby! Okay, I don't really want a Ruby, but it's so pretty! pair that up with Hayden's Sapphire and can you say lovely?! My due date was August 1 and I was just gunning for July 31 or sooner.

No luck.

Squats, countless spicy foods, pineapple and mandarin oranges, tea, some kind of drop that I just cannot remember the name of, walking, and the unmentionable didn't work. I wasn't about to do the Caster Oil thing again. YUCK! It was simply a waiting game. Waiting for something to happen. Waiting to find out what we were having. Waiting to find out if we had a Maya Christine or some boy we had yet to agree on a name for.

We just waited.

(our first shoot by jackie lindfors photography, brilliance. see side panel for more of her fabulousness)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow I wish I had a cute pregnant belly like that...I'm so jealous of those who do!!

I did all of the same stuff, trying to get Ali born in December instead of January. Alas, to no avail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...