Monday, July 26, 2010

Wash, Dry, Fold, Repeat

Can I tell you about last evening and this morning? Well, I'm gonna anyway.
Yesterday was busy, fun, tiring and fun. I will skip the majority of the day as it was good. Got cooking done for Buddy's week, went to a birthday party and relaxed a bit. Then, after the party, I started the laundry. Here's the pileup of loads: whites, lights, jeans, darks, greens, rags/kitchen towels/pool towels, king sheets and bathroom towels. That's what, 8? I planned on staying up until they were all done, but decided to quit when I had one load left to do in the morning. So, 7 loads in one night.
Buddy had left for his week away, so it was fine with me to keep busy with this task. 10:15ish I headed to bed. I had let Prada (dog) stay in Hayden's room. I've let her before, she likes to lay on his bed. I just started to fall asleep and I heard some barking. She doesn't bark. Frick. It's raining, not storming, just a light drizzle. So, I trudged with her downstairs and put her in her kennel. Turning around to head out and I hear something not correct. She'd barfed in her bed. Geez. She basically inhaled a bone, so that's what she gets.
Another load of laundry. Had to put her bed cushion in the washer. Load number 8 for the day.
Prada locked up, I headed back to bed. 11:00 or so. 20 minutes later and I am fading off, I hear the pitter patter of Hayden. He's no longer in his pj's and has just a pull-up. My mind goes tracing back the the big gulp size of Gatorade he had with pizza. Shoulda known and put him in a pull-up right off.
Another 2 loads of laundry. Mattress pad=1 and sheets/pj's=1
As I am making H's bed, I notice dog barf on the comforter, then step in it in three different areas upstairs. Getting pissed, I get the carpet stuff and clean up all that. Luckily it's not messy stuff, thankful for one thing.
Got to sleep probably 12:30 or so and up at 6:30. Stepped in a piss puddle left by dog in front of the couch on the carpet and another barf spot next to it. What the Frick!! I haven't even let her out yet, so this is last nights leavings. No Bailey's for the coffee either.
This all cleaned up, two loads out of four done and third going in just before kids' bath.
Into the bath go kid one and kid 2. Hayden's out, off to his room to dress. Finish up with Maya, let her go and hang up the towels. As I am rounding the corner to get Maya into her room, I hear this: "MOM!! Maya peed on my bed!"
Sure enough, Maya went straight to Hayden's room, climbed up on the bed and let go. One more load of laundry added.
So, that's a grand total of 12 loads of laundry in less then one day. I am giving myself a HUGE pat on the back as EVERYTHING is folded, hung and put in it's proper drawer before 2:00.
I'm tired.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...