Monday, July 19, 2010

The Pedals


The kids and I went to my brother and sister-in-laws house for an over night stay and a trip to Flagstaff. We left yesterday after dinner. Kids were excited, had the ipod tuned up and we flipped to our fun sing along songs that really only we like.

As we were singing and "dancing" along to The Black Eyed Peas, "I Gotta Feelin' ", my foot decided to slip off the pedal and fall back under the pedal. I felt a light scratch and continued on the way, singing, but not as jollily. After a minute or so, it was still hurting so I quick took a peek and saw blood. Holy cripes! The pedal cut my foot and pretty dang good too.

Called the bro and asked for a bandage and cleaning stuff for my arrival. That taken care of, we continued.

Ten minutes later, jamming to Nickelback, "This Afternoon" (I know, not the greatest band, but that tunes catchy) I see a tow truck completely stopped in the center lane. Now, I am going 70, in the far left, although not the carpool, lane. I see a white minivan stopped in front of the tow truck with a blown tire. So, I started to veer to the carpool lane to get around and also allow room for the other cars needing to get over.

This is the exact time that the van decides it's gonna slowly crawl over to the carpool lane. My thoughts at this moment: Um, Hey Stupid!! You are on a FREEWAY with cars passing you at 70 MPH! What the mother &$^@(#* heck are you thinking?!

Let's just say I have VERY good breaks and tires on my Flex. I stopped with probably 6 inches to spare and don't need new tires.

The front secured, I look in the mirror to see another white vehicle swerve over from the carpool lane to the right to miss smashing us in the back by probably a foot.

Thank you Jesus, Mary, Joseph, Grandma and Grandpa W. and Grandma and Grandpa B. You were VERY MUCH looking down on the kiddos and I.

My heart finally slowed after 15 more minutes of driving. I momentarily forgot about the bleeding of my foot and THANKED everyone I could think of for watching over us, including every individual involved in the building of my car.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow!! That's some crazy driving experiences.

I've been very intrigued by the Flex lately. I'm a Honda girl, but the shape of it seems to be what I've been begging car manufacturers (who apparently don't read my blog) to make: the coolness of an SUV with the usability of a minivan.

I really need to go look at one in person... or maybe I don't.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...