Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lovely weekend

We camped in the pines over the long weekend. Leaving Thursday about three, we made the four hour drive up the mountain to the loveliness of Greer (the area of), Arizona. Beautiful pine trees (I wanna say Ponderosa and Pinon, but I cannot be sure) and Aspen trees. The Aspens seriously sparkle when the wind comes through. Aahhh.

We stepped out of the truck and got shivers from the unusual feeling of a chill. We slept with the furnace on. We'd just been in 112 degree heat and are only 4 hours away with the furnace running!!

Couldn't have asked for more perfect weather. I don't think it went over 80. I'm not a human thermometer though, so I could be wrong. The kids played like crazy, we relaxed like crazy and all had a blast doing so.
My favorite thing I have found while camping is keeping the fire going. I LOVE putting logs on the fire, making the flames reach to the sky, warm everyone and light up the camp.

I wanna just point out, I loaded ALL the wood onto the truck!! (Buddy cut it.) :)


There were no emaculate highlights; the whole weekend was grand. It is so nice to get away from the house, the heat, the cleaning, cooking, TV, computer, laundry, the constant feeling of 'I should really be doing _____', and being together as a family non-stop with great people thrown in.

Happy Belated 4th of July!!! We didn't have fireworks, but we celebrated our independence.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Looks like you had fun! Im jealous of that cooler weather! It is SO HOT here right now! Im so impressed with your wood loading skills! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...