Monday, June 21, 2010

For the Hub

12 years ago, June 20, 1998 we went on our first date. It was the day before Father's Day, to Ciatti's for dinner and to "The Truman Show" for a movie.
(This was New Year's, 98. Hot weren't we? I know, you're jealous.)

We'd met April 30th, at "The Rox" in downtown St. Cloud. The biggest meat market of a bar in downtown. The dancing was fun, that's why we were there. With a dear friend of mine (Denise, who was in our wedding), we were heading to the restroom and I heard a "Hey" from a tall guy I had met before; his name was Shoe. He wanted to introduce me to his friend. I was in no mood for a pickup and a little put off by a guy with a goatee, a bright orange shirt and the name Bud. So, we said our hello's and left it at that.

A week later, wearing the same shirt of orange, we meet again. This time, with Paul (the bestman at our wedding.) Maybe I had a few more drinks than the week before, but I gave you my number and screened the call.

I had done a little checking and heard you were a good guy. A couple more run-ins at the Rox
and you got me. Took you two months, but you got me.

I knew I would marry you a month after that first date. I don't know why, I just did.

Love you, Babe.(Why, yes, we have improved with age!)

4 comments:

Mark, Shannon,Trey, Boston, & Lola said...

lol That is the cutest picture of you guys!!!! (well they are both cute but I mean the new one lol)

Jennifer Blattner said...

God I'd hope you'd mean the new one!! That's the best I could find from 1998!

Kelly said...

I love pics from a LONG TIME AGO. We thought we were so HOT then, and looking back we were crazy!! Cute couple!

Rachel said...

Happy Dating anniversary! Cute pics!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...