Tuesday, June 15, 2010

There's obviously something amiss.

Sunday while I was making Maya a quick lunch, she was having a grand time doing something in the laundry room.

Our laundry room is a big room used for many other purposes than just doing laundry. It's my craft room, sewing room, cleaning supply room, pool necessities room, diaper changing room, Prada's kennel room/dining room and our refrigerator for beverages. So, lots of things for a toddler to do.

However, when Maya's lunch/dinner is ready, she typically comes running. I was calling her while making it (chicken nuggets, nothing major). She made some squeeks, figured she was just having fun with the dog and I continued on.

I called a couple more times, with a laughing reply. I cleaned up some, did dishes and didn't really pay attention to some other sounds generating from the laundry room.

I was kinda wondering why my normally ravishing toddler wasn't running into the kitchen to eat. Calling her again, I noticed a little change to her tone. More panic than happiness. Another call to her and more paniclike responses from her. Getting a little worried myself, but knowing it can't be anything major, I round the corner and find her here:
She had locked herself in. And, just so you know, this was not the face I walked in on. This was the face I got because she was ticked at me for leaving her there to get the camera to take this picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bwhahaah oh no!

Rachel said...

That's awesome. And I totally get going to get your camera before springing her - it's a sign of a true blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...