Monday, June 7, 2010

Hayden's new favorite shirt

This picture was not one I had to pry a smile to get. I was getting a pic to send off to my Dad and Mom, but the excitement was not anticipated.
On Saturday, we headed to my brother's house to pick up all the things my Mom had shipped down to us. I was eager to get the things from my Grandma's home and some other things. Mom told me she was shipping some other things as well.
Other things included: my wedding dress (I knew this one was making the trip), all of my Little Women Dolls, other dolls (I colletected them as a kid), homecoming buttons, Dad's bronzed baby booties, music box, old sweatshirt (used as "packaging material"), my old baby shoes, Dad's baby blanket, a Brandt Electric plastic mug, Atlanta 1996 Olympic pins, cheerleading buttons (the ones with my picture on them), First Communion cross and a knit baby hat.
And to top off the goodies was the t-shirt upon my son. I probably had it somewhere between 1st and 3rd grade. It is 50/50 cotton polyester, so I think it will be around for quite a bit more time. Hayden put it on after pooltime on Saturday, wore it all day Sunday and asked if he could wear it today. Asked what his favorite shirt is? My new mom's school shirt.
I went to St. Al's Catholic School from 1st-6th grade. We wore uniforms, so what these t-shirts were for and why my Mom saved it, I am not sure. Mom was not a saver of clothes for us kids, so this is pretty special to have.
And, yesterday, he wore my Junior year basketball cheerleading button too. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...