Monday, September 13, 2010

Another chapter has closed

I apologize I haven't been a great blogger lately. I've been a little busy. Moving. We moved to a rental home while we wait for a short sale to go through so we can be homeowners again! We sold our house with hopes of a smaller mortgage, more land, a basement, a place to park the RV, a smaller mortgage, less in the power bill throughout the summer (9 out of 12 months), a guest room, a possible playroom, no "upstairs", a basement and a smaller mortgage. That's not too much to ask, is it?!
We found it. It needs all new floors, an updated kitchen and my painting skills, but we found it. It's got a larger yard, a place for the RV, a guest room, a playroom, a basement and a smaller mortgage! Now, it's just super tight finger crossing time that it is ours. We have our minds going into overdrive thinking of all the things we want to do to make it "ours", but it's still a huge wating game.
In the meantime, our house has sold. In this market, we were extremely lucky! I was upset about having to leave within the first few weeks of accepting the offer and starting to pack. We didn't think it would happen so fast. We built that house. I painted (literally) almost every inch of wall space. We brought both of our children home to that house. We were on our hands and knees putting wood flooring in the dining room. We always knew it wasn't our final home, we just didn't think about what it might feel like to no longer live there.
But then, we found something we felt was home. We had put in offers on other homes because we just had no time, we were starting to feel homeless. I am so glad those offers fell through because we would have put ourselves in something that wasn't home. It just would have been a house and a mindset of "what-if". For now, we are renting month to month just waiting to hear those magic words of: It's yours. You will close on ____ __. 75% of our things are stuck in a 10X20 storage unit waiting for the good news too.
I cleaned the floors and dusted shelves in our sold home on Sunday. I was shocked with myself that I didn't bawl through every room, remembering. I don't know if it was because I had cried so much throughout the last month knowing we were leaving or because I felt so good about what our future home could hold. I will miss that house. I will miss all the work we put into it. But I can take all the memories with me, those are in my heart, not in the house.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...