Monday, September 20, 2010

Half a Decade


At 5:30am on September 20, 2005, I finally got the call I had been very impatiently waiting for. The hospital had a bed for me and they were ready to induce!! Freaking-A finally!

Woke up mom, called Buddy at work and got ready. We arrived at 6:30 and everything got underway at 8:00. By 3:00 nothing major had happened. Apparently baby just wanted to keep hanging out. Doc broke my water at 3:30 and that did it! The best man in the building came in at 4:30 to give me the good stuff (epidural). I even took a little nap after that. And then it was time to get things really going at about 7:30. At 9:18pm, our 8 pound 4 ounce baby boy was born.

I remember him being place on my chest. I remember watching him get cleaned up, weighed, measured. I remember the nurse bringing him over to me to show me how straight his spine was. I remember being so completely happy and shocked and overwhelmed and excited that I was a mom!!

There have been ups and downs of course, but this little man is seriously awesome. He is smart, sensitive, friendly, happy, playful, and the best big brother. I wish I had a baby picture of him to post, but the home computer with all his baby pics is packed up. We called him the "Cutest Baby Boy in the World", cuz you know, he was. He had a cueball head; completely round with barely a hair. From the back he looked just like his Grandpa B. He was always big for his age (still is) and grew out of his clothes so dang fast! He didn't look heavy, you'd pick him up thinking he's pretty average, but he deceived you and you had to use your muscle. He crawled at 7 months, walked at 10 and was a very happy little guy. I was so lucky to have such a good baby. Never an ear infection, hardly a cold; just a healthy, happy and hungry boy.

Happy Birthday, Hayden James!!! We couldn't have asked for a better little man!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! Hope you have a great 5th Birthday!

Rachel said...

Happy birthday!!! Wow...half a decade sounds so ancient when you put it like that!!

top knot extensions said...

I love Haydens pics, the ones on his card are so darling!! Happy bday Hayden...We LOVE him at our house!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...