Monday, March 12, 2012

Dunin', Pic 11

We went to the Sand Dunes in California this past weekend.  It was a blast!  We went with our fabulous neighbors who have been out there numerous times before, so we had pros helping us out on the driving and fun. 
Buddy was in his element driving and playing.  He borrowed our friends quad a couple times and tore it up in the sand.  The Rhino isn't completely made for sand travel, but it made it.  I don't think a smile left his face the entire weekend.  The kids just love any form of camping and the sand being all around them made it even more fun for them.  It took a few trips through the Dunes to really enjoy what was happening, but they loved it at the end.  Maya took a little more convincing, she didn't like the bumps, but considering she fell asleep on 90% of the rides, I'd say she was fine with it.  Me, I'm a little different from my three kids.  Momma gets a little motion sick.  I toughed it out and went along, but it got the best of me on the last ride.  Plus, the slant in which we went ALOT was nerve racking.  It felt like we'd tip over numerous times.  We didn't.  I actually DROVE in the Dunes too.  That was fun, but I am a little too cautious and nervous at turns and jumps.  It made me appreciate it more though.  Driving and riding in the Dunes it COMPLETELY different from going for a ride in the mountains and camping rides. 

Were it not for these masks, we'd be picking sand out of our teeth for the next week.  We're still picking sand out of our ears...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

How fun!! I tried running up some Southern California Dunes one time (in July, no less), but wasn't very successful. Driving up them sounds much better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...