Friday, February 13, 2009

The Airplane Lady's Hat

I came across this hat today in Maya's "accessory" drawer. I put it on her after her diaper change and could not stop giggling. She just had this look on her face that was so dang cute, I tried to capture it again in a pic.

Anyway, the story on the hat! On the kids and my flight back to Arizona in October, a lady came up to us as we were starting to desend, handed me this hat and said, "this is for your baby." She had knitted this hat on a three hour plane ride for a baby girl she didn't even know. She sat probably 12 rows back from us.

Isn't it amazing how nice some people can be who don't know us, have never even met us and yet feel the need to give us a little something because we are sharing the same space for a short time? Sometimes even the people sitting in same row or right next to you don't even want to give you the time of day.

So, thank you, again, whoever you are, for the great hat for our little Maya. She looks so dang cute in it, I just wish she was able to wear it more than in the house for a photo op.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful story!! she is soooo cute!

Stillman Family said...

Oh my goodness Jennifer! That is so cute!

Laura - said...

AH! Love the story AND the adorable pic!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...