Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Seriously, stop!

It was just me and the kids tonight. Buddy has been working in Tuscon since the new year began and if they work late, he stays over. I had a late afternoon appointment, so my wonderful babysitter and her daughter came over for a couple hours. They left at eight and by then Maya was fast asleep, so it was just me and The Dude. Yes, when he's been a great kid or has done something simply Hayden, we call him, The Dude.

Hayden is not a napper anymore, but because he had gotten up a little earlier than normal and was worn out from fun at daycare, he fell asleep on the couch and slept for about an hour. This told me he was going to be up until at least 9 o'clock tonight. Oh, well, we'd just chill.

He was ready for bed at 8:3o. Teeth brushed, bathroom done, Pj's on. 9:15 or so he's getting tired and just wants to lay down by me. YEAH!!! Snuggle time! Before he does this though, he needs to go potty just one more time because I know he's going to fall asleep on me. Why do I know this? Because I have to put him to bed tonight and I want him to fall asleep on me! We head to the bathroom. He normally doesn't need help, but, when he's tired, things can go, well, not quite where they are supposed to.

As I help him pull his moose and raccoon Carter's pj bottoms on, I tell him, "Dude, you are getting too big, can you stop growing please?" He replies: "No, I want to get bigger. I have to get big like Daddy." A big hug and a big kiss from me and we proceed to the couch.

I place the pillow on my lap and he snuggles his head on top. I stroke his hair and rub his back. I tell him I love him and he says he loves me too. He falls asleep in about 7 minutes. I wait a couple minutes, carry him upstairs and snuggle him down into his bed.

Hayden is a blonde haired, blue eyed, handsome, forty pound 3 year, 5 month old little boy who wants to grow up to be big like his Daddy.

Time needs to stop, just for a little moment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

these little boys will kill ya.

top knot extensions said...

Ok I just have one thing...40 POUNDS!!! HOLY COW!!! I wont even say whay my Kyle weighs.

Anonymous said...

oh what a beautiful simple moment. so sweet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...