Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tonight's observing...

I brought my baby girl home from the hospital a year ago. Tonight, I am watching her walk around the living room. She takes 8 or so steps and then either falls on her tush or grabs onto something. She's come up to me now and is playing peek-a-boo from behind the screen. She's walking away and went ahead and took away a monster truck from Hayden's lineup. She's back. Playing peek-a-boo. And now off to the trucks again. Man she's a speed demon! I am typing as she's going. Maybe Mr. Weinrich didn't teach me how to type fast....
Hayden, as I said, has his monster trucks all lined up (she's back) on the crease from the automan and chair. He's gonna be four in less than two months. Augh. I can't get over how fast these kids are growing. I knew they were going to grow up, but geez!
I can tell Maya is learning knew things each day. She loves emptying boxes, tubs, buckets of toys and putting them back inside. She's starting to catch on that the bottle is leaving her and the sippy cup will be taking over soon. She knows the word NO when it's said to her. She puts (she's gotten ahold of 2 monster trucks. Hayden got captivated by the TV), anyway, she puts her baby into it's stroller (okay sometimes head down) and takes it out. She knows Daddy has a bit of a soft spot only for her.
Hayden goes back to preschool next Monday!!! If you are a mom of a three year old, at one time or another, this is the best thing to come around the corner! Hayden loves (OH MY GOSH!! Hayden just gave Maya a big HUG for no reason!!), sorry... Hayden loves preschool! I sometimes threaten him the day before that he can't go if he's not listening or misbehaving. Generally, things get done when those threats are given. Hayden is a great kid. He can be sweet, thoughtful, caring, adorable and the best little boy. He just has those annoying outbursts of whining, likes to irritate and can be a pain in the rear. I am anxiously awaiting age four as I hear that is better. Fingers crossed!
So this ends the story today. I was just observing the kids at play and thought it'd be a good blog time.
Now, I have a bottle of wine calling my name.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...