Monday, August 17, 2009

Morning Craps

I like to get up before the kids and have a cup of coffe while watching the news and facebooking, checking e-mail, catching up on blogs or just reading. I set my alarm for 6 am thinking that I will be able do all of the above. Most of this summer this hasn't happened. Why, you ask? I know what you're thinking. It's because I continually hit the snooze button to get those extra 9, 18, 27 (good math huh?) more minutes of shuteye. Nope. The reason is (Okay, I hit it once) Miss Maya decided early in the summer, that 6 am is a great time to soil her diaper and wake up.

Is my girl taking some sort of fiber pill at night so she can do this? It never fails. My alarm goes off at 6. I hit snooze and two minutes or so later, I hear talking on the monitor. Crap. No pun intended. To lay there or not to lay there. Laying in bed longer could mean serious diaper rash. Better get up. But what if she didn't and she's just woken up by the sun beaming into her room? I get up.

Yep, just standing in her doorway, the unmistakeable odor has already made its way to the hallway.

Now the big question. How in the world do I stop this so I can selfishly get some alone time? She's lucky she adorable.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...