Wednesday, December 2, 2009

From Bad to Much Better

Yesterday was a day from hell. I was a cheerleader in high school and I don't remember yelling that much in one game than I did the whole day. Both kids for some reason decided to channel the devil and act like complete hellions. Hayden simply was a snot; back talking, making a mess, whining non-stop, just simply being a brat. Maya only took a 1 1/2 hour nap, cried waaaayyy too much, kept getting in front of me in order to try and be held, and pulled a sassy attitude. I didn't think a 16 month old could have an attitude, but she can.

To top off the day, Buddy didn't get home until 6 when he's usually home around 4. Those extra two hours kicked my ass. But, once he was home, things cooled off slightly. At least made it so I could clean the kitchen and get some laundry done.

Of course I was unable to fall asleep. I was still up at 10:30 when Maya started to cough, bad. Usually she just falls back asleep, but this time she didn't. She didn't start crying, but I could tell she was not happy. I went to her room and tried to get her to fall back asleep. She was really stuffed up and with a NUK, that doesn't work. I got my Eucalyptus Scentsy and plug-in warmer to see if that would clear her up. (It really does work!) It worked for about 15 minutes. She coughed again and had it with her bed.

Maya isn't a cuddler. Major bummer as a Mom. But, when I got her out, she just hugged onto me like she was saying, "Thank you Mommy. I just want to be by you." Talk about melting my heart! Especially after the day we had. I grabbed her blanket and bear, the Scentsy plug-in and headed to my room.

I put her down, turned on the TV, plugged in the warmer and joined her. She looked at me like she was saying Thank You. I laid by her on my side, she got squirmy and I thought, "oh crap, she thinks we're going to play." Nope, she just moved over closer to me, laid on her side, cuddled in and we, for lack of a better word, spooned.

We laid like that for awhile, watching an NCIS rerun. This made my day so much better. All the crap that happened through the day just melted away. It was so good to just lay there with her, snuggled up with the scent of Eucalyptus filling the air. Aaahhhhh.
She had no fever, just stuffiness and cough. I've got the same problem at night. We're just both getting over the same crud.
Fingers crossed for a good day today...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...