Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Little Shirley


I get asked this question alot: Are her curls natural? At the gym, out shopping, the park, every where.

I always reply with a simple yes. But what I really want to say is this:

Seriously? Are you seriously asking me if my (enter number) month old daughter's hair has NATURALLY spiral curls? Um, no. I always wanted my daughter to have Shirley Templelike curls, so I put her hair in rollers every night and she sits completely still while I do this. We talk girl talk the whole time and she flips through the latest issue of High Five. She sleeps soundly with the rollers in. Then, in the morning, while I take them out, and we gab over coffee and juice. I easily comb through them to loosen them just a little and add a barrett/flower/pony/bow and we are ready for the day.

Are you kidding me? Is her hair naturally curly?!

I am not upset by the question at all, but do ya really think she'd let me curl or perm it?!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Well People always ask me if I highlight Ryker's hair! Are you serious?? A 5 yr. old boy!! People are funny!!

Anonymous said...

lol! lol!!

Rachel said...

I have thought these exact same thoughts SO. MANY. TIMES. Especially when, after answering, "yes, her hair is naturally curly", they get this shocked look on their face and say, "REALLY?!?!!?"

Obviously these people have never tried to groom a toddler.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...