Monday, January 3, 2011

No more Shirley, temporarily

Maya took an evening shower Saturday night. I don't like putting her to bed with a wet head because it's just a mess of tangles in the morning. She was sitting quite nicely when I was combing through her hair so I asked if I could braid it. She said sure. I was halfway done and she got wiggly, but I was able to somewhat finish and her hair was easy to comb through the next morning.
As I just started to comb through, I thought I would give in to the urge I have had for a long time. Since it wasn't in ringlets, I got the flatiron out and ask Miss if I could straighten her hair. She didn't seem to care. She plopped right down on my lap on the floor of my bathroom and let me get to work.
It is AMAZING how different she looked with it straight! Not only does it go halfway down her back, but her running and it flowing behind her was so weird. She would brush it out of her face with her hands like it's always there. I found myself just staring at her thinking how just hair can change a little face so much.
It was a fun two days with her long, straight locks, but her face and spirit was made for those curls.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

WOW!!! Isn't it bizarre how much hair can make a difference? I've always noticed that curls make them look younger - and she definitely looks older with straight hair!! Ali's has de-curled a lot this winter (dry, cold air), and she looks SOOO much older. ... but I still hope it re-curls this next summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...