Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Home for the Holidays

Our little vacation to Minnesota came to an end on Sunday. We had such a great time will all of our family, it was very, very hard to leave.

The kids were worn out with all the fun they had. They have 6 cousins on Buddy's side, all older than Hayden by two years or more and both Hayden and Maya kept up. From playing outside, inside with toys, all eating at the same table for dinners (not always all 8), up and down stairs, opening gift after gift, Monday morning was so lovely for me to have silence until after 8.

Sadness hit me a couple times at my family's home. It was the first year there that my Grandma wasn't present. I felt her in spirit and through food, but it tugged at my heart a couple times missing her.

Christmas Eve mass was eventful with Maya unable to once sit in the pew. She was on the kneeler, on the floor, in the aisle, in the pew ahead, grabbing hymnals one after the other, playing by her baby cousin, Maggie, and she even belted out a few notes singing along with a couple songs. Hayden fell asleep halfway through the homily (holy longness) and was a great boy the entire service.

Christmas Day was the traditional brunch and relaxation, followed by saying good by to my family and traveling to Buddy's. Caos, cooking, cards, laughter and fun were had by all.

Presents were aplenty and great, the kids had a blast and we are all thankful we were able to be HOME for the Holidays.

I am rambling all over, but I am tired and wanted to post my two favorite pics of the trip. Both are from Christmas Eve. We tried for a nice picture of the two kids by the tree....

Nothing says Merry Christmas that strangling your sister and, well I am not sure what Maya's hand is doing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...