Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Traveling and backtracking

The kids and I took off to Minnesota today. I'm gonna back up just a hair here and give a slight rundown of the previous couple of weeks:

The floors were finished in the new house, I finally finished up all the painting of the 7 rooms I wanted to complete, and I took a load of boxes/stuff/crap on every run to the house. I had to meet cabinet guys/electricians/plumbers/flooring guys everyday at the house by 8 o'clock when most of the time they didn't show up til 9 or 10. (Although through all that, everything looks amazing!)

We moved out of storage and the rental on Thursday. Basically, not everything in the kitchen is done yet, so it is making it very hard to unpack because without counters and drawers, there are NO PLACES to put things.

I came down with a cold Sunday and my ability and desire to continue to put things away went to a halt. I had to clean out the rental and it took me about 4 hours. Although it was nice without the kids running amuck, I wasn't feeling great and really just wanted to be on my couch. And had to pick up the cooktop because the counters we being put in on Monday.

Monday, had to sign H up for preschool, run to the bank/Lowe's/carwash, get gas, feed children, fight a cold all before 1 so the counter guys could put in the countertops. They show up close to 2 and low and behold, they cut the hole wrong for the cooktop and have to redo the dang thing! Still no drawers or doors on the cabinets. Oh and I don't have a sink!

I still have to pack for Minnesota for me and the kids, fight the flipping cold and clean up as best I can, which is very little considering every thing is just boxes and pictures and stuff thrown about.

Tuesday arrives and I am up at four for a 7:50am flight. Buddy gets the kids up around 4:30 and gets them dressed and we are ready to roll right when I wanted at 5:15am. I grab the computer to check the flight status and make sure all is good with weather and all. Then I realize what the *&#@ I have just done. I had looked at Buddy's itinerary the night before, thinking it was odd because I thought I had a 9 something flight but remembered looking at a 7 something flight when I booked.

Our flight was at 9:45! I was up a whole frigging 2 hours early FOR NO REASON! I am thinking I totally need this vacation...

We stayed at home for another hour and got to the airport in plenty of time. The kids ran amuck basically at the gate. I couldn't fight them feeling like crap. Hayden wasn't too bad, just pushing his cars everywhere and going a little to far at times. Maya, she is perpetual motion. Seriously, if anyone knows of something I can give her to just make her pause at times, I will pay good money.

Maya pooped right before take off. The one thing I dread on a flight most is this. Luckily we were in the very last row, so I just changed her there. Thankfully she fell asleep just after takeoff and slept for an hour and a half. She would not sit still in her seat at all. Up, down, up, down, seatbelt on, seatbelt off, slink out of the seat and get seatbelt stuck under her arms and freak, repeat, repeat, repeat, poop again (did she not realize where we were or what?!), and repeat the first parts over.

Hayden was awesome. Best flight with him, ever. He sat great, played, talked, slept the last 20 minutes, just was great.

Anyway, we made it. It's frigging cold here, there is snow over everything and it finally feels like Christmas!! I am feeling better too, the cold is making its way out just in time.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

So glad you made it! And Crazy about the countertops! Dang TC.. Ha ha.. Hope you guys have a Great XMAS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...