Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memorial Weekend Campin'

It was just us for the Memorial Weekend camping excursion this year. My brother, sis-in-law and niece came for one night. We had a fun time with just our little family. It was quiet, so we did get to bed at early hours. It was a great, although windy, time in the pines! First, a pitstop in Payson to fill up the RV with water and start the kids on their sugar.

Once arrived, unpacked and set up, Hayden wanted to take his quad for a spin. This is a MAJOR thing for us!! He's never wanted to drive it, only wanted to ride on it with Buddy. He used this thing more in one weekend than he has ridden it with Buddy in the year and a half we've had it.

He's a natural.

Miss Maya, innocently posing in front of the pines while Prada does some investigating of the land.

Hayden. Looking like he's about 7. He's 5.5. My giant boy.


Taking off on a little adventure.


The kids love taking pictures. I am liking this because when they are older, they will know that I really was there.

Maya does pretty good for just shy of 3, huh?


The first Rhino ride of the weekend. Maya would live on this thing if it was possible. She loves riding. What I really don't like about riding with her: I have to brush her hair at the end of the day. It's worth it though for the smiles and screams (happy ones) we get to see and hear from her!

My favorite part of camping; the FIRE!! Seriously, I'm a pyromaniac with the camping fires. Buddy cuts the wood, I stack it up, then build the fire and stoke the fire. I want the fire going all day and night. I may have a slight problem.

We have to get wood somehow. Tie a rope to a dead, fallen tree; hook it to the Rhino and pull. Viola! Firewood. With help from the chainsaw of course.

A nice break to play in the dirt. Only camping to I not mind the dirt. There is alot of dirt.

We went for a ride to find the lake. We did have to hike a little bit to get to the lake.

Just about there. Maya showed her independence a little and wanted to walk. She did pretty well considering the terrain.

A few from below of what we walked down. Then we had to walk back up.


Made it to the lake.

The kiddos threw rocks in the lake. That was about it for the lake. We did have that truck back up you know. Relaxing by the fire. See? Told ya I like fire. It's still daylight. Close to dark, but not that close.



Me and my Boy!

Buddy likes the chainsaw. He got a little bored and needed something to do. Why not get the power tool and make something in the forest?


A little chair for Miss.

Maya had fun riding on the quad too. She rode with me most of the time, but hopped on with Hayden for a little (slow) ride.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...