Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The "sky" is finally clearing

The horrid week is over. My kids are behaving so nicely, with a little attitude thrown in of course. I am sitting here playing the "observant" parent. They are playing on the floor together, both laughing, both having a good time.
Maya is becoming an independent, daring, get into everything child. Hayden is becoming a boss to his sister, but is a protecter. He's loving, observant, sensitive, but his still all boy.
Hayden likes cars. Loves anything with wheels. There is not a day that goes by that there is not a truck, tractor, car, Monster Truck or plane that is not on the floor, table, chair or in his hand. He and Buddy practice the noises of what each vehicle makes. Hayden's faves? Corvette, Ferrari, and motorcycle. Anytime cars are involved, both their faces light up. They sit together on the couch/chair often, flipping through Motor Trend, AutoWeek or Automobile and Buddy tells Hayden all about each and every car. Hayden's favorite movie? Cars or Transformers, he can't decide. He likes to play in the sandbox with his big trucks, jump on the trampoline and loves to swim with Daddy. He is usually all play, all day but can sit back, relax and veg-out when he needs to.
Maya likes getting into everything. She climbs into and onto everything. Her latest discovery is planting herself on the shelf of the console table like she's part of the decor. Last night she wedged herself in the cupboard. Not the ordinary cupboard. The small one with the pull out. I was doing dishes, she was playing with dishes. One second she was sitting on the floor the next I saw a head sticking out of the approx. 18x18 inch space. She bolts for the stairs when she sees the gate is not up. I have found her sitting on top of the little play table the kids have upstairs. I walked into the house on Sunday after I'd been away for a bit to find her sitting on the end table, Hayden laughing at her and Buddy had made a quick trip to the garage!!! She's quick. Somehow, she has yet to fall from a high spot or the stairs. Knock on wood. She's not a cuddler, super bummed about that, but she will already, at age 1, just come to me and give me a hug or a kiss. That, I love.
Where am I going with this? I forgot. I was just thinking of the bad week that just passed. It lasted from Monday to Sunday. I am looking back and remembering all the yelling, crying, NO's that were said and wishing I could have calmed myself down a bit, taken a step back or just left the room for a moment. The last day and a half have been glorious by comparison. We've had a couple downers, but that is to be expected. Right now, both kids are playing, smiling, laughing, Hayden just started singing. I am praying the outlook continues.

Well, that was a bit of a ramble.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...