Monday, January 11, 2010

Maya, Miss Maya

I made Miss M's 18 month appointment today. Where did the time fly off to?! Almost 18 months and simply the sweetest, cutest, hilarious curly-topped little girl.

Miss Maya has brought smiles to our faces every day. Whether it's a horrendous, crappy day or just an ordinary one, she as this ability to just look at you and make you smile. It could be her just walking away and you watch her little bowed toddler legs move her forward. Or it's her little head tilt to the side with her blue eyes just piercing your heart. Maya starts her days with a smile, literally, and typically ends them with one too.

She's starting to talk more and it's glorious! I ask her questions and she can answer yes, more of a YA, but it's the same. She has begun saying "no" and shakes her head at the same time. I carried on a conversation about her lunch today and every question was answered. She happily says puppy, alot. Puppy to the tv, books, Prada (our pup) and any four legged creature that goes in front of the house. Buddy has begun the task of teaching her names of cars. Ferrari has been the only success thus far. "Mommy and Daddy" have long been in her vocabulary, Mommy being her first I must say. Hayden is getting more of a "dada" word, but I know who she means. She was saying "Grandpa and Grandma" when they were here. Grandpa was more of a "bumpa" and that is perfectly acceptable. "Done" is a big one, but it sounds more like "un". Love the talking and her pronunciations. Hayden has "lost" alot of his cute ways of saying things, so starting again is wonderful.

Miss M has taken a very strong love of purses. As I type, she is carrying around a rather large faux Louis V that she found in the closet. She has a couple toy purses she does like, but most of her time is spent with the "real" thing. She inherited a purse of my Grandma's as we were cleaning out her apartment. This is her go-to bag of the moment. I tell her to get her purse and that's the one she gets.

The purse fetish is not her only. She's a shoes girl. Before she knew where her nose and ears were, she knew where her feet were. I kid you not. She cries when shoes are taken off her feet in stores after trying on. She hasn't mastered the word, but tell her to find her shoes, she knows the location. She is for sure her Mommy's girl!

She dances to anything. Commercials, my singing, football game music (did that make sense?), in her carseat to the radio, to whatever is coming through the iPod, basically to any form of music she hears. Even when it's silent she breaks out the moves. I say she's dancing to the music in her head.

The best thing I love about her is how much she has wrapped her daddy around her little finger. Hayden and Buddy are buds. They can play Wii, wrestle, work in the garage and talk cars together. Maya and Buddy are complete. Had Maya been a boy, I don't think Buddy would feel the completion I see when he watches her. We say every day that she couldn't be any cuter; in her actions, looks, personality, playfulness. She got a tea set for Christmas and I undid the packaging. Buddy played with it with her. She looks at pictures throughout the house ALL DAY and points and says "Daddy" over and over and over. We were doing laundry this morning, a load of mine and Bud's stuff. All the shirts she saw that were his, "DADDY" was proclaimed! There is a song by Carrie Underwood, "All American Girl" that I cannot sing outloud in the car because I seriously tear up and start to cry when I hear it. I think of Buddy and her. Seriously, I tear up!! The song isn't how our life with children has gone, but the meaning behind the father/daughter relationship is wonderful.

So, my little baby is one month away from the big 18 months. She's happy 98 percent of the time, only crabby when hungry or tired. Her laugh is adorable. Her hair baffles me every day. Her cheeks are still pinchable. She dances perfectly. Her blue eyes are envious. Her personality is amazing. I am so FREAKING LUCKY to have this beautiful little girl as MINE!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...