Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Who is this kid?! I like him...ALOT!!


I don't know what has happened to my son the past few days. Since Sunday, something has changed. He has been a complete delight! We didn't realize it until Sunday evening. Buddy and I were just sitting there and he says, "Man, Hayden has been so good today." I was in total agreement.

Monday morning I was upstairs getting ready and I heard him get up and start down the hallway. I said a "good morning" and went on to tell him to go back to his room to get ready for school. His clothes were laid out and ready, he just needed to change. I dread this every morning he has school. It's always a 25 minute process of whining, complaining, not wanting to wear that shirt or those pants. This morning, he brought his clothes into my bathroom to get dressed and just did it. Not a peep, not a frown, just did it. Huh. I thinking, "did we somehow drug him yesterday? Cuz this isn't my kid. No way."

The day progressed beautifully. He was just such a nice kid. Talking nice, being nice, playing nice, listening, eating, just being a gem.

Tuesday came in much the same. He put up a minor stint in the bath and then the shirt I picked wasn't cutting it. But, after a very brief talk, it was over. Again, a perfect kid. What the?

Today was the same process getting ready for school. Easy.

I don't know if he's just realizing things and a lightbulb went off in his head, but this kid is just wonderful. We are doing the stickers on the calendar again this month and his reward will be a new DS game. So, maybe that's sinking in? I don't know, but I am keeping this guy!

He's been just the quietest mouse and then out of no where, he's all, "Mommy? I just love you." Seriously!! The last three days he's said this to me and Buddy. He's having fun conversations with us. Playing so good with Maya and cleaning up without a complaint. I am wracking my brain, trying to think of everything he ate, touched, or smelled to find the source of what entered his body so I can KEEP IT COMING!

He's been a joy again today. Went to Target and he never asked for a thing. So, we got Starbucks. Me a coffee, Maya a water with a straw (can't leave her out) and him a "special" chocolate milk in a Starbucks cup with ice, whipped cream and a cardboard sleeve.

I am just breathing sighs of relief and enjoying this new little man. Cuz, who knows, he might be gone tomorrow.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...