Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mission: Maya's Room=COMPLETE!

I have had an itch to re-do Maya's room for a little while now. I didn't want to do a complete overhaul, cuz I still liked the color. I just wanted some minor changes. Last week I finally came up with something; a new crib skirt. Upon completing that on Thursday, it wasn't going to be enough. So, I made window panels and a valance, did some stenciling (which I do not recommend on textured walls, UGH), threw together two pillows and a mini pillowcase, put some bling onto the stencils and re-did the vinyl phrase above her crib. What I ended up with I love!! It turned out so cute. Plus, it didn't cost much at all!! The black fabric was leftover, I had just enough to do everything you see. I only had to buy the yellow (only a yard) and the pink (3.5 yards), the stencil templates and the curtain rod. Not too shabby!!!
This is before:And after!:
The border is gone and I added stencils on each side of the mirror and a light pink one underneath. Hard to see, but it's there.


Blinged up!

Pillows and pillowcase. The pillowcase is only 16x12 and is little and adorable.

Cribskirt that got me going! Love it!

I started with just the panels and felt something was missing. I added the valance. I wish it was just a hair wider, but I didn't need to get more fabric, so I am good!

I could not find a better phrase for above her crib. I looked, but kept going back to this and it is PERFECT!!

Now, I am on the lookout for a cheap-o lamp that I can vamp up and a few little accessories. Other than that, I think I done ok. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...