Thursday, January 22, 2009

Keepsake of somekind?

The other day I was getting ready for the gym; putting on my staple attire, finishing off with the hoodie. Apparently I have not worn this particular one in quite some time. As I was putting it on, I noticed a little heaviness in the right side pocket. Generally I don't put anything in these pockets as they are high up and not practical. But, for some reason, something was there. My hand went into the pocket and extracted a light blue Nuk with an orange handle. Hayden's.
Hayden has been off these things for almost a year now. He wasn't allowed them in the car a couple months prior to completely ending, so, the Nuk has been in the pocket for close to a year.
Sigh...... I don't know why, but this discovery made feel a little sad. He hasn't been a baby for a mighty long time. He hasn't asked for a Nuk since a week after he quit. He thought it was Maya's.
The nipple on this thing seemed ginormous compared to the ones around the house now. This one was rubber, Maya's are silicone. It's blue, Maya's are pink, purple, green or white. Yet I was compelled to keep this darn thing. Why? It's old, will never be used again, it's been in my pocket for a year and my baby boy is now a big boy. Sigh....
To end the tale, I threw it in the garbage a couple minutes (yes, minutes) after its discovery. Tonight as I was gathering the garbage for Friday morning pick-up, I turned over the can containing the Nuk and various other trash into another for disposal, and the Nuk fell to the floor. Nothing else fell out. Just the light blue Nuk with the orange handle and rubber nipple.
It's sitting on my dresser in my closet now. ?

2 comments:

top knot extensions said...

You are so funny!!!1 My thinking is...the bigger the better!!! Then I dont need to do EVERY single thing for them!!! Oh and Clark will gladly take the "nuk" since he LOVES them!!! Just joking.. I will be getting him off it all the way soon, that is somthing to look forward to...yeah right
PS dont worry...I bet you will have more babies!!!)

shanon said...

That is so sweet. I'm glad you kept it. =)

(This was like watching a movie, cause in my head I was "oh no! she's gonna throw it! And "awwwh, it fell out and got a second chance!" Yes, I'm a dork. Hehe)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...