Monday, January 19, 2009

Maya and the Spoon

Maya is not taking to the spoon like I would have hoped. With Hayden, it took maybe two days and he was gobbling baby food up! He finished five number ones plus two bowls, full ones of rice cereal, every day until I moved up to the number twos and then it was still four of those. Maya is getting me frustrated. She'll take a couple bites of the veggie, one bite of the fruit and maybe two of rice. She just doesn't open her mouth. It's been three weeks of this. I literally have to hold the bowl up to her mouth just to get her to open up. I do fruit and rice for breakfast; veggie, fruit and rice for lunch and dinner.
The photo above, she hit the spoon and I ended up flinging it in her face. Poor thing, but she laughed. I think she's thinking it's more playtime or something....
So, I thought I would just try feeding her in her saucer to see if maybe she wasn't digging the high chair, but nope, same thing. I'm sad. I don't want her to grow up, I want her to keep just the bottle. But, I don't want to do the bottle all day long and need her to start chowing down on the real stuff!! She gets excited when she sees the food. The legs start kicking, the hands start grabbing and the face gets cheery, but after a couple bites, she's done.

Anyway, just needed a vent.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it took tru a while to get the whole solids thing down too. do you mix the cereal with formula? that seemed to help tru a bit. you wouldn't think it was a problem to look at him now! ha!

Jennifer Blattner said...

Yep, I do the cereal with formula. I also do two bottles a day with rice to get her used to the flavor. She just must be a sucker.

Angelena said...

Great picture! Crazy or not but have you tried letting Hayden feed her a couple bites? Paige LOVED it when Blake would help feed her...it was like a game. Once she gets a good taste she might actually want it. AND a bro and sis feeding session makes for some great pics...from the looks of it, it can't get any messier than it already is :)

Jennifer Blattner said...

That is a good idea. When Hayden is by her when she's eating, she can't take her eyes off him. I think she just wants to play since that is what happens when she is in her chair and he's around! Thanks, I'll try this today.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel..Brody is almost off his bottle now, and it is hard to let those little things go, when you know they are so short-lived and special...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...