Saturday, March 13, 2010

Heading home

It's the night before the kids and I leave for a week in Minnesota. We are all excited to go. Hayden is so excited to show all his grandparents how he is reading. Maya has no clue. I am most excited just for the extra hands to take hold of these two. It's been a long couple weeks with Buddy starting up a job where he's staying four nights a week. I'm ready for a nice break.
But, it's starting to sink in that I won't be seeing my Grandma. Every time I have traveled home the past 10 years, I went over to visit, play cards and enjoy some wine at least twice, if not more. It was a time for us to chat and enjoy one another. Playing cards was something we never got bored with when we played. We could play for hours or a full day. And she loved her wine.
I think it's going to be a little emotional either when I first get to my parents house or when I first pass by her last home. My first question to my mom when ever I talked to her on the phone or arrived at home was, "how's Grandma doing?" Besides arriving for the week of her funeral, this will be the first time I won't be asking.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...