Friday, March 19, 2010

Sleep with me


Maya has been a little bit of a stinker when it comes to falling asleep while traveling. She freaked out at the pack-n-play at my parents house and made it through one out of the two (so far) nights at my in-laws. The nights at my parents, I gave in after a half an hour the first night. The second, she fell asleep for two hours in the pnp and that was enough and the third was a replay of the first night but had an added bonus of staying up moving/standing/talking/crawling until 11:30 in the bed.
Now, I am kicking myself. Kicking myself for getting so irritated that Maya won't sleep in her "own" bed while we are away from home.
The first evening at my in-laws was a breeze. For some reason, not a peep of annoyance or freakout. Last night, she fell asleep, after about 20 minutes of screams, in her crib. When I went to put Hayden in bed an hour later, I went over to check on her, cover her with her blanket and check for a pulse. She awoke. And wouldn't go back to bed. So, I got pissy, stuck her in bed with me and rolled over to watch "Lost" on my computer. To my utter relief and amazement, she fell asleep quickly and cutely.
When I closed my computer and turned to my other side where she was. She looked so little, so angelic, so FRICKING cute I smacked myself for getting upset that she wouldn't sleep in her own bed. I put my finger in her hand and fell asleep.
She is only this size for a short time and this is now the time I need to be treasuring for cuddling! What the heck am I thinking not just plopping her next to me without hesitation?! I do need sleep and continually wake up when one of the kids is next to me, ie: woke up with a head in my back, but she is growing so fast. If she puts up a huge fuss tonight, looks like I'll have a bed partner.

1 comment:

Mark, Shannon,Trey, Boston, & Lola said...

I agree with you 100%!!!!! They grow soooo fast and then will want nothing to do with us for awhile so whats a couple nights!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...