Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My day...

I got out of bed at 6:24am. Did my business, opened the computer, turned on the news and got my cup of coffee. All that took, what, 5 minutes tops. I had just sat on my keester on the couch and heard the unmistakable footfalls of H. First thoughts in my head? "CRAP!"
Last night, about 2am, Maya started a coughing attack and couldn't get herself back to sleep, so I grabbed her up and plopped her with me. Typically, she will sleep past 7, but I don't know, she heard H or something and I heard her little run across my room and greeted H at the stairs. "DOUBLE CRAP!"
Seriously, my only "me" time is in the morning with my coffee, computer and news and I wasn't getting that this morning. Nighttime I am ready to sleep at 8:30/9. And, typically, when I am greeted this early by these two, it's not going to be a good day.
And it wasn't.
Getting H dressed was a fight. He has this thing about matching and it wasn't working this morning. Just because there is a speck of the color in the shirt that goes with a stripe on the shorts does not make it a matching combination. Maya would not sit still to comb her hair (have you seen it?!). I have been fighting some kind of cold/allergy crud the last few days; plugged ears, nose and itchy throat, yuck. Somehow we managed breakfast, a ride to the gym/daycare and home again. And that's when the &%^$ hit the fan. Hard.
Maya has this unbelievable capability of getting in the way of me or getting into something in the kitchen whenever I am cooking. She puts herself between me and the cupboard and latches. So annoying, seriously. It's never a playful thing, it's a crying because she's hungry and nothing is going to stop her until her dinner is served. Lunch ended up being frozen cheese pizza, black olives and oranges. While "making" it, she moves the kitchen chairs to any countertop I am not occupying and discovers every single thing withing reach. She does this all day, everyday. My table looks like a cafeteria during the mopping process. Chairs turned up onto the table with legs sticking up to keep her from making that obnoxious noise of moving the chairs across the tile. Man, does that tick her off!
Later in the day, while Maya was sleeping, I needed a nap. This cold thing is kicking my tush. I couldn't keep my eyes open and H is totally fine playing in the living room while I have a rest. He played with LEGOS with the "understanding" they needed to be picked up when I said so, "you should only take out what you need", I say. They are dumped on the coffee table and floor. LEGOS everywhere and it took him 2 hours of me (45 minutes of it in and out sleep) for them all to be put in the bucket. It's not that big of a bucket!!
Then another hour was wasted yelling to get the playroom upstairs cleaned up and things put away. Plus, he was a complete butt to Maya today. Takes/slaps the NUK out of her mouth, sits on her cuz she's in "his" spot, slaps her highchair tray while she eating and really just finds any way to piss her off; just a brat to her. She wasn't the super gem she could have been, but I give her a little break since her understanding of things isn't at H's level.
Throw in a tantrum by H about eating his peas, spilling milk and saying he didn't and him getting so mad that my birthday is now taken away and my day is complete.
Now: Glass two of Little Black Dress Chardonney and happiness has filled me again, except I can't hear, breath and my throat is a bit dry.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...