Monday, April 19, 2010

Settling...

Last week was, well in a word, a bitch. Looking back, I think I blew a lot of things out of proportion and my stress level was probably a little higher than normal considering Buddy hasn't be able to be home as much as we are used to.

Maya has learned every button to push and pushes them repeatedly. I thank myself for not putting wood floors in the kitchen because of the amount the chairs have been pushed from cupboard to cupboard and room to room. The noise itself is enough to drive someone crazy.

Hayden was actually pretty dang good. It was just the question after question after question and the comment after comment after comment. I just have to remind myself that this is the way 4 year olds are.
My cousin, whom I babysat as an infant and is now a mom herself which I still cannot get over, remembers me asking her why she had to ask so many questions when she was around 4/5 and now has a 4 year old herself doing the same thing. (That was a sentence no English teacher would approve) I completely remember her repeatedly asking "Why?" to everything. So, it either happens to every child or it just runs in my family.

Anyway, this week has been better. Maya is still a little diva, Hayden is still asking questions and tells me which numbers are bigger than other numbers hourly, but it's better. We've settled back into a routine and have cold pizza for snacks and popcorn for dinner. Sometimes.

Hey, if you didn't always have to make a meal, you'd do it too!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hope your hubby gets home soon!! You are a great mom!! We all have those weeks,days,& moments! Gotta love them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...