Friday, October 8, 2010

Maybe because it's Fall?

I've caught the crafting bug. WOW! That's sounds very "country craft lady"! Anyhoo, I don't know if it's the Fall air that is finally blowing down here or if I'm getting a little more settled in our rented little bungalow. Either way, I am having fun.
A friend of mine took some tissue paper and those crafty carving pumpkins you can get at the craft stores and made some adorable Fall pumpkins. I have been thinking of these for the last month and wanting to do them. Do you know how hard it is to find fun, classy, decorative tissue paper that is not birthday/baby/wedding/crazy/holiday themed? It's HARD! I finally found it and finally made the pumpkins I have been wanting! Thanks for the idea, Shannon. =)
Without further ado here are the before and afters:
The other little one didn't turn out so good. Don't attempt stripes if you attempt this.
Then, I got the itch to do more mod podge tissue paper covered things. I took a peak around the abode and came across this frame that I was never really enthused about. The tan part is actually a suede and it was one of those "it'll work for now" finds. I think I've had it around for four years now...
Anyway, I like it alot better now!

Sorry for the last few crafty, kid free blogs. They are still being adorable and fun and fab I assure you. Mommy is just taking over for a bit.
Is there anything else I have done? Why yes, yes there is...
I have been looking for decent trick-or-treat bags and have yet to find them. There are cute ones out there, but I am not paying $9.99 for something used once a year for candy I will more than likely eat most of and then throw out the remaining 25% of. So, I figured I could make them. And I did.
Maya's on the left, Hayden's on the right. H's favorite color is green and he spotted the green bats. Skull Damask for Maya!! Fabulous!! I thought of actual handles, but thought a drawstring was more fun. I am not whipped on the ribbon, but I didn't have rope which I think might be a little better.
And, they are lined! They could be reversible if I wanted to. These will last until their trick-or-treating days are done!

And they only cost me about $3.00 worth of fabric each. =)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Those pumpkins are fabulous!!! I love them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...