Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Some holiday goodness!

I haven't felt very creative lately. Being in this rental without my normal space is getting to me. But, yesterday I came across a picture I had grabbed a few months ago and got that creative mode back.
Today, I got an image in my head, some Halloween fabric (half off at Joann's I might add, that helps!) and some rik-rak, my tools out and got to work.
It felt good making something fun and festive. I'm not a huge halloween person, but I think they turned out great! Maybe a table runner is in order. Well, for next year, when there is an actual table it can go on. ;)
I couldn't draw a good picture of a bat (I wanted to use black), so I went for using our initials and tried to do a freehand "spooky" kinda font. The H, M and B turned out great! J is just a boring letter... Hayden was quite confused as to who B and J were. He gets it now.
A close-up.
The black is on the back. I had thought of doing some with black where the orange is to have them different, but I like the black rik-rak.
Now I am getting inspired for some Fallish/Thanksgivingy ones! See, the creativity has found me once again!

2 comments:

Mark, Shannon,Trey, Boston, & Lola said...

I LOVE them! They are super cute--you make me want to make some lol and I have no time for other projects!

top knot extensions said...

SOOO cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...