Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sickness has fallen

This sucks. We are all sick in the Blattner house. Buddy and I can handle it. We take medicine, it takes a bit to kick in, we go on. Hayden knows how to blow his nose, tell us when he needs something and takes his medicine when we tell him. Poor Maya is just a little thing and can't tell us what's wrong. Her little cry has become weak from a little soreness in her throat. I just want to wrap her up and hold her close and take the cold away. I can't. Thank God she is eating and sleeping fairly well or else I would be going insane with worry. She has no fever, but you can just see the alertness that is usually there has gone on vacation.


Yesterday was bad, both her and my colds kicked into high gear. The night before she didn't sleep very well, waking up at 11, 2, 3 and 4. Then for good at 7:20. I am absolutely serious when I say this baby girl of mine goes to bed between 8 and 9 and doesn't wake up to eat until 4 or 5, then sleeps until 6:30 or so. But many a time yesterday both of us were in tears. Her because she felt so crappy and me because I felt crappy and couldn't help her except to hold her and try to calm her. Last night she only woke twice and then for good at 6:30. Today has been better. We've gotten some smiles and coos. She's played and kicked in her chair and taken two nice long naps. I think the worst is over. She sleeps now in her swing and I can hear her snores. Her little nose is a bit stuffy, but seems to be better. Her NUK is staying put now, so the breathing is easier.


I hope this is the last of the sickness for her little body, at least for awhile. She's woken up now and is looking around. She has caught sight of the TV. Hayden and Buddy are watching Speed Racer. She's mesmorized. Buddy turned her swing so she could watch without turning her little head. A couple little coughs have escaped. She's content, alert, happy. I think it's going to be a better night.


1 comment:

That Chick who likes to Procreate said...

poor little thing! that is the worst when they are that tiny. at least she didn't have a fever. quentin and mia got this horrible cold/influenza last year when beatrix was 2 months old and thank god she never got anything worse than a stuffy nose.

she is getting so big already! i love her dark hair and cute eyes and lips! i just want to squeeze her!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...